What is Dual Yellow Laser ?
Dual Yellow Laser uses the most advanced laser technology to provide a maximum skin rejuvenation treatment while minimalize discomfort and side effects. Using yellow and green light to target particular skin problem, Dual Yellow Laser is known as a non-ablative laser treatment where it does not burn away any skin nor affect the normal skin outside the targeted area.
How Does It Works ?
Laser therapy works on the principle of light absorption and uses a combination of yellow and green light that targets tissue. In this way, a laser can be programmed to emit light in the specific wavelength that is best absorbed by blood to remove facial capillaries or it can be programmed to emit the wavelengths best absorbed by melanin to remove pigmentation. Furthermore, the yellow light from this gentle laser destroys acne bacteria thereby eradicating active acne.
As well as targeting problem areas, the therapy helps stimulate the skin to produce collagen growth, reducing redness and improving sensitive skin giving an overall tightening, firming and rejuvenating effect on skin.
What are the benefits of using Dual Yellow Laser treatment?
- Dual Yellow Laser uses fast edge micropulse technology (FEM) to stimulate collagen production and new skin growth during treatment.
- Produces less heat and causes less discomfort, minimizes pain and does not produce any bruising after treatment.
- Suitable for most skin types and body areas including the face, neck, chest, back, hands, arms and legs.
- Targets specific skin problems without having the need to undergo broad-based rejuvenation treatment.
- When treating acne, the light specifically targets and destroys Protoporphorian IX (chemical released by bacteria that cause acne). Moreover the yellow light wavelength also helps to reduce red skin colour, helping to calm the appearance of inflamed acne lesions.
How often ?
- Most vascular and pigmentation problems can be treated in a single session.
- Skin rejuvenation and brightening, face redness, and acne treatment can be achieved within a few sessions.
- Additional treatments are usually spaced from 1 to 4 weeks apart, for a total of 4-5 treatments. Further collagen remodeling and some skin tightening take place over the next 3-6 months.
The Dual Yellow can be used to treat or improve the appearance of:
- Capillaries and dilated blood vessels
- Sun spots / Age spots
- Uneven skin tone / Blotchy skin
- Stretch marks
- Moles / Skin tags
- Acne / Acne scars
- General scars
- Open pores
- Enlarged oil glands
What does the treatment involve?
Your skin will be thoroughly cleansed, and a laser-protective goggles will be placed over your eyes.
A yellow laser beam will then be directed at the affected area of your face. The treatment may take up to an approximate of 30-45 minutes.
Following the treatment, you may feel a slight burning or tightness sensation however is usually reported with very little pain.
After the treatment, your skin may look red and flushed and some may experience some minor inflammation for up to 24 hours. Any redness can be covered immediately using mineral makeup.
Before and After Dual Yellow Treatment